Getting Started with Remote Sensing:
- Remote Sensing using ArcMap – VirginiaView has put together a series of video tutorials that explain how to download imagery from Landsat as well as create composite images and some basic analysis.
- Remote Sensing Core Curriculum – Dr. Joe Knight at the University of Minnesota is maintain a series of remote sensing lessons plans.
- AmericaView University – A self-directed online course in remote sensing supported by AmericaView and collaborating states.
Websites for Educators:
- American Museum of Natural History – Biodiversity Informatics – remote sensing guides and interactive tools
- ESRI’s Change Matters Website – allows users to compare aerial imagery from different time periods and view areas of change over time
- Extension.org – Remote Sensing – educational articles about remote sensing and geospatial technology
- NASA Earth Observatory – Remote Sensing – introduction and history of remote sensing
- National Geospatial Technology Center of Exellence – monthly webinars, educational and professional resources for GIS