IowaView is involved in several ongoing projects.
- Iowa Conservation Mapping Project – A mapping project identifying six best management practices in all of Iowa’s watersheds.
- Mapping Outreach Events – AmericaView has encouraged humanitarian mapping events as an outreach event. IowaView has adopted several annual events as well as other events by request. Click each year below to read highlights from that event.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service
- 4-H State Conference
- Earth Observation Day
- Past Projects
- NRCS Slide Conversion Project – This project is developing a process for transforming historic scanned slides (tifs) into useable GIS data using Microsoft Image Composite Editor.
- Riparian Vegetation Buffer Identification – A semi-automated method was developed to identifiy and classify riparian areas bordering stream channels in select watersheds in Iowa.
- IowaView Phenocams – Funding from AmericaView has allowed IowaView to install two phenocam, one at a research site in Iowa and one in Wyoming