IowaView is involved in several ongoing projects.
- Iowa Conservation Mapping Project – Interns have been digitizing 6 management practices in watersheds across Iowa. Over 630 watersheds have been completed.
- NRCS Slide Conversion Project – This project is developing a process for transforming historic scanned slides (tifs) into useable GIS data using Microsoft Image Composite Editor.
- Riparian Vegetation Buffer Identification – A semi-automated method was developed to identifiy and classify riparian areas bordering stream channels in select watersheds in Iowa.
- IowaView Phenocams – Funding from AmericaView has allowed IowaView to install two phenocam, one at a research site in Iowa and one in Wyoming
- Mapping Outreach Events – AmericaView has encouraged humanitarian mapping events as an outreach event. IowaView has adopted several annual events as well as other events by request. Click each year below to read highlights from that event.