IowaView is involved in several ongoing projects.
- NRCS Slide Conversion Project – This project is developing a process for transforming historic scanned slides (tifs) into useable GIS data using Microsoft Image Composite Editor.
- Iowa Conservation Mapping Project – Interns have been digitizing 6 management practices in watersheds across Iowa. Over 630 watersheds have been completed.
- Riparian Vegetation Buffer Identification – A semi-automated method was developed to identifiy and classify riparian areas bordering stream channels in select watersheds in Iowa.
- IowaView Phenocams – Funding from AmericaView has allowed IowaView to install two phenocam, one at a research site in Iowa and one in Wyoming
- Mapping Outreach Events – AmericaView has encouraged humanitarian mapping events as an outreach event. IowaView has adopted several annual events as well as other events by request.